Breakfast (served until 10am), Lunch and Dinner all available for purchase. (Vegetarian, Vegan or Gluten-free) Check our menu at https://earthcafe.jp/menu/
Free Pickup service for checking-in and returning: send a message until 2 hours before times listed below to reserve (we only go if there is a reservation for each time listed). Please specify which train line you are traveling on.
Please use AM/PM when specifying times and not the 24 hour clock / military time.
• 4:30pm (JR line) Nikko station (bus stand 1a) or Tobu Nikko station (in front)
• 6:30pm (JR line) Nikko station (bus stand 1a) or Tobu Nikko station (in front)
• 9:00pm (JR line) Nikko station (bus stand 1a) or Tobu Nikko station (in front)
– Late arrivals after 9:01pm, pickup is Shimogoshiro station on the Tobu Nikko line or Fubasami station on the JR Nikko line. For later than 9pm arrivals, please arrange a time with us a day in advance.
FREE morning drop-off Shuttle service from the hostel.
• 5am to 11am drop-off at (JR) Nikko station, Tobu Nikko station or the Unesco world heritage area.
• No curfew / No Lockout – enjoy the stars at night, hang out in the open air lounge area on the river, or take midnight strolls. There are no souvenir shops and no city lights nearby. Only stars, trees and mountains and a beautiful river.
• Free wifi internet everywhere (from optic fiber connection) including the beach, the open air lounge, common room, private rooms and annex rooms. There is also and iMac in the common room.
– catch Tobu bus to Kegon Falls, Lake Chuzenji, Ryuzu waterfall, Senjogahara, Yutaki, Yunoko, Yumoto Onsen (quick stop at convenient store to buy snacks for hiking is ok) or be taken to the Unesco World Heritage temple and shrines or
– checkout from JR Nikko station or Tobu Nikko station
You can hire 2 bikes for 500 yen each
There are lockers and safes available.
normal Check-in anytime from 4:00 pm to 11:30 pm / normal check-out before 11am
Check-in early / Day Use (only possible with your own transportation or hostel shuttle pickup from Shimogoshiro or Fubasami stations), fee is ¥1,000 per person for guests staying 2 or more nights and ¥2,000 for guests staying just 1 night. Children 12 and younger, no charge. Arrival anytime between 11am and 4pm.
Check-out later / Day Use (our transportation or yours) after 11am, fee is ¥1,000 per person for guests staying 2 or more nights and ¥2,000 for guests staying just 1 night.. Until 4pm. Children 12 and younger, no charge.
Day use for Non-guests is ¥2,000 per person and ¥1,000 per child (3-6 years old)
2 week cancellation policy for full refund, 2 day policy to cancel following nights for direct booking reservations. 3rd party reservations full amount due at check-in.
English-speaking : Open late-March to mid-November : was Zen Hostel, SPACE riverhouse hostel & Nikko Hostel
Please pay cash in Yen when you arrive. Except if you have paid a deposit, your credit card has not been charged when you made your reservation on this homepage. 4% added if you want to pay by credit card. Deposits/commissions paid through 3rd party sites don’t apply if you are fewer quests than your online reservation. ABSOLUTELY no snorers allowed unless they’re part of a group that reserved the WHOLE room. Infants/babies 3 years old and under, no charge.
The hostel is directly on Black River. It is just a quick staircase to the beach. This hostel is great for friends traveling together and solo travellers.
Dogs : The annex rooms would be the only place where it’d be possible. The middle section has carpeting and a table in the middle. Please bring some blanket or something similar to place on the flooring. Likewise, if they usually sleep on your bed, please bring a blanket from home for them to lay on.